Just because it is dark, cold and the January is the month to recover from Christmas indulgent. It does not mean that you can risk some magic ingredients and prepare the most delicious guilt-free dessert!
I have been exploring Deliciously Ella books and so far they are all winners... and they are vegan or plant-based!
These are Avocado and Lime pie... the base is crunchy and really really yummy ( next time I will do only the base and cut into squares). Really easy to make...
I have spent around £17.00 (not cheap) but it was worth and I deserve it!
Here is the recipe.
- 600g pitted dates
- 5 Ripe avocados
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 400g Raw whole almonds
- From 3 limes Lime juice
- 225 ml Maple syrup ( I have used only 30 and I used some of the coconut milk water, next time I might add some more of the harder part of the coconut milk)
- 2 tbsp Coconut cream (from the solid part in a can)
For the base
- Start by making the base. Place the almonds into a food processor and blend for a minute or so until they break down into pieces (not as smooth as a flour though).
- Add the dates to the food processor with the coconut oil and blend again, until the dates have all been crushed and the mix is sticky.
- Use a spatula to press the almond and date mix firmly into a 20–25cm cake tin – the base should be about 2–3cm thick and very compact. Leave the base to one side while you make the middle.
For the middle
- Scoop the flesh out of the avocados, discarding the stones, and place all the flesh into your food processor.
- Add in the lime juice, maple syrup and coconut milk and blend until the mix is totally smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mix onto the base and place the cake tin in the freezer to set for about an hour and a half – you want it to be firm but not frozen!
- Once you’re ready to serve, grate the zest of the remaining lime over the top of the pie.
Enjoy in moderation!
Check out the best black leggings out there now!